Presented by Lee Kofman. SOLD OUT
Discuss the role of emotional honesty in writing about ourselves and learn some of the basics of this popular writing genre: how to find the right theme to focus on, how to structure your life story so that it makes for engaging reading, how to turn yourself and the people in your life into compelling characters and how to seduce your readers by describing your experiences vividly.
Presented in association with Otway Writers group. Supported by the Grace Marion Wilson Trust.
You will learn
- about the difference between telling what happened to you and making an artwork from what happened
- how to write about yourself and people important to you with distance
- what can be interesting about yourself from a literary point of view
- about the narrative arc in life writing
- to tell your story vividly.
Saturday, 30th July, 2016
Apollo Bay P-12 College (enter via the main entrance on Pengilley Ave.)